Tuesday, December 9, 2008

 

The Galati 35 inch Tactical Shotgun Case ...


I ordered for my Remington 870 Tactical Shotgun arrived today. It appears to be well constructed and best of all my shotgun fits in it. I had ordered a different case earlier from Cactus Tactical and when it arrived I was disappointed to find the folding stock on the shotgun would not quite fit in the case. I contacted their customer support and made arrangements to return the original case and exchange it for the case I received today. If you ever feel the need to order any tactical gear, I would highly recommend Cactus Tactical. A strong cold front has blown in today with winds gusting up to 30 mph and the temperature has fallen into the low 30's. The hunting outfitter that Frank and I are going to be hunting with in about ten days called me today. He said he was up hunting today where we are going to be hunting and that it was snowing hard and the wind was gusting up to 40 mph up in the panhandle. He said they were seeing a lot of deer. He said if the weather is like that when we go hunting, we will ride around in his hunting rig with the heater going and shoot out of the window. I told him that sounded good to me but that we would be sure to bring plenty of warm clothes when we go up there. He said when the weather is bad, the deer will bed down in the wind rows and you can drive down the road beside them and spot the bedded deer and stop and make a shot of about thirty yards. You can legally hunt from a vehicle in Texas if you are on a private road on private property. That is not the way I would prefer to hunt but being disabled, I will hunt however I can. Frank and I are really looking forward to our trip. I made the motel reservations last night. I got a non smoking handicapped accessible room with two queen sized beds with a 32" LCD television with free wireless Internet. We will take Frank's laptop computer and perhaps I will be able to do some mobile blogging like I did when we took a trip to Galveston.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]