Wednesday, March 5, 2014

 

23 Skidoo ...



in 1965, I remember wanting a Matchbox Caravan Trailer # 23 for Christmas.  My mother had searched all of the stores in Wichita Falls looking for one to no avail. She called her Aunt, my Great Aunt whom we all called "Sister" and asked her to check the stores in Fort Worth to try and find one of the desired Matchbox Trailers.  Some time later my Great Aunt called my mother and exclaimed  "23 Skidoo!" She had found the object of my desire after going to several stores. It seems that was a popular saying during the Roaring 20's.  I have a photo of my Great Aunt when she was a College Student at TCU. She was a beautiful young girl and she dated and later married the editor of the school newspaper who also happened to be the Quarterback of the Football Team,The Horned Frogs.  Sister was a cool lady and a big fan of Major League Baseball and Bing Crosby.  She used to take me to my orthodontist appointments in her 1963 Chevrolet Impala! Great Aunt indeed, Thanks Sister.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]