Wednesday, June 2, 2010

 

Dudley Ordered A New Fiberglass Fly Rod Today ...




from W.W. Grigg rod company. It is a Vintage Glass model eight foot in length, two pieces and a 5/6 weight fly line rod. Never have heard of this rod company but they have been in business for a long time. The rod looks great, really like the yellow blank and bright red wraps. Am going to retire my Pflueger rod and take my barely used graphite fly reel and put on the new rod. Am going to get some new line for it as well as some new backing and a furled leader. I got my new bamboo fly rod yesterday but after putting it together and feeling the action, I am afraid to use it much as I would probably break it. Am just going to admire it and think about the times Dudley and his father went fishing and dad fished with his old Granger bamboo fly rod. This fiberglass rod will be a lot more fishable and I won't have to worry about breaking it as it only cost about seventy bucks. It is beautiful and a real value in a classic fiberglass fly rod.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]