Thursday, May 7, 2009

 

The Is Connie Culp, The Recipient Of The First ...



ever face transplant performed in the United States. The photo at the top was taken sometime before her husband Thomas shot her in the face with a shotgun. If it is any consolation he shot himself after the attack on his wife. Both survived and he is currently serving a seven year sentence. The second photo is an x-ray of her skull showing all of the lead shot embedded in what used to be her face. The third set of photos taken much later after the shooting shows the before and after photos following the transplant surgery. The most amazing thing to all of this is in researching the story behind the photos, Dudley learned that Connie plans on getting back with her husband upon his release from prison. If you ask Dudley, she should have her head examined!

Comments:
I saw that. Wish I hadn't. Just before lunch!
 
I think the woman has guts to do the transplant. If she gets back with her husband than she is crazy! Seven years in prison isn't near long enough for what that bastard did to her.
 
Sorry about your lunch Hermit!

JDP
 
Big Sis seventy years would be more like it.

JDP
 
How ironic...I was just shot in the face on April 4th 2009 and almost died from it, and today I saw the ET coverage of Connie and it just made me count my blessings once more.

My story could have easily been as bad as hers because the shot blew away my right jawbone, smashed my teeth inwards, then traveled downwards and damaged my ability to speak because it hit my vocal cords, and my ability to swallow food or liquids without them going into my lungs. I have been through 3 major surgeries so far including plastic surgery, and one minor in less than a month.

I can relate with Connie, but the damage to her face is more extensive than mine. The poor woman. God has a purpose for her on this earth as he does for me. We are both miracles, but at least I wasn't shot by someone who at one time professed to love me like Connie was. I would love to meet her or at least email her. She is a very brave, courageous, forgiving type of woman.

I was just released last week from the hospital after a one-month stay, and am attempting to rebuild my life now. If you would like to read my story, go to

www.kellypeet.com

and here are some news links covering me being shot.

http://www.huntingtonnews.net/local/090505-rutherford-localkellypeetqanda.html

http://wvgazette.com/News/200905020335

http://www.wchstv.com/newsroom/eyewitness/0904/090430_21b7641b.shtml
 
Kelly your story is an amazing read. You are an amazing woman as is Connie. I am sorry you are having to go through this terrible experience. The man that shot you should be held accountable in a civil court if nothing else. I don't think he shot you intentionally. I think he probably saw your dogs and thought they were either coyotes or feral "wild" dogs and he simply was shooting toward them to run them off. He was grossly negligent no doubt and ignored the prinipals of gun safety. I wish you well in your recovery. God Bless You!

JDP
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]