Monday, March 30, 2009

 

Yesterday Afternoon Frank Went Fishing ...






at his new spot down at a local river and paddled up a creek. He had a very productive day throwing a five inch lizard on a 1/8 oz jig head. The bass are spawning up in the creeks and he caught a total of four bass with the biggest being well over three pounds! He caught some of the bass sight casting to fish on their spawning beds. Prior to the fishing trip Frank managed to go to church and mow two yards and go by his grandmothers house. After he got home from fishing, he went out to eat with one of his college buddies. He had a full day and one he will remember for a long time. When Dudley bought Frank the new kayak nearly one year ago, he was hoping it would not end up sitting out in the garage and never get used. I don't think Dudley needs to worry about that any longer. Frank seems to have taken to kayak fishing like a duck takes to water. Dudley wishes he had his health back and could be fishing right along side him. At least I can enjoy the fishing trips by hearing Frank's stories and looking at the photographs.

Comments:
nice fish. And that kayak is idea for fishing the streams and small lakes
 
Thanks GuyK, he had a great day yesterday. His kayak is really a lightweight stable fishing platform. I would give anything to be able to do what he is doing. Back when I was his age I did my share of fishing, I would have gone more if I had known my health was going to go south on me at such an early age.

JDP
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]