Saturday, March 7, 2009

 

When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Minutes Away ...


Comments:
My Mom was a LEO and yes, I see the humor in that, but most police officers don't live at the donut shop. But part of it rings with truth. I was talking on the phone with a friend the other night, Barkley came running by, catching the phone cord. The phone went smashing down on the kitchen tile, breaking, with an exclamation of surprise, the last thing my friend heard.

My friend tried to call me back without success, that phone broken, the cell battery dead and on the charger, then called the police, thinking something had happened to me (never mind that I have a $3000 alarm system, a .45 on my waist most of the time and a karate brown belt.)

The police arrived. 17 minutes later.

I apologized to them for the confusion, held up my smashed phone and they were happy to get on to more important work.

But it was an eye opener. 17 minutes.

If it had been a home invasion, and I unarmed, I would have long since been dead or assaulted.

My friend perhaps over-reacted, but it was a good lesson on why I do carry.
 
Brigid I support the police one hundred percent. They do a great job but in a lof of cases are only able to respond to crimes after the fact. With the way things are going in this country, the law abiding citizens beter be prepared to defend themselves and their families. I live in a State that borders Mexico and heard last night that they have declared martial law south of the border. As the economy worsens, crime is going to keep increasing. By the way, I do not think your friend over reacted!

JDP
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]