Tuesday, March 3, 2009

 

Dudley Went To The Doctor Yesterday ...


for his six month check up. Before he saw the pumonologist, he completed a PFT or pulmonary function test. If you have never done one of these, you sit down in a glass coffin and put a big plastic clothes pin on your nose and blow into a mouthpiece hooked up to a computer. I guess it is sort of like a breathalyzer from hell. The first part of the test they leave the door of the glass room open but for the second part they close the door and seal you in. The whole test takes about a half hour. After the test Dudley got to see the doctor and told him how he has been doing. The doctor said Dudley has 35% of the lung function he should have. That is about normal and in fact is a little better than the last test done about one year ago. The doctor is going to see me again in six months. It is a good thing Dudley has insurance. The doctor visit and the PFT cost 500.00, and Dudley would be hard pressed paying that without insurance.

Comments:
That's tough...I know..I am in about the same shape although I have about half of normal. Makes doing much strenuous stuff out of the question. Thirty seconds or less and I am out of breath!
 
I know what you mean GuyK, I can get out of breath just thinking about strenuous stuff.

JDP
 
The bills at the cardiologist are up over $6000, and that's for one 3 minute visit, 1 sonogram, and one "stress test." I have no idea how much I'll get stuck with after our insurance pays, but it isn't going to be pretty.
 
I went a couple of rounds with the cardiologist a few years ago, they can run up the charges in a hurry.

JDP
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]