Thursday, January 22, 2009

 

These Are Some More Photos From The ...






trip to the deer processor. The first two photos were taken in Benjamin TX of the 1887 jail which is the home of the Texas State photographer, Wyman Meinzer. He has a great blog that you can check out by clicking here. He lives in the old jail with his family, you may have seen it featured on HGTV. The two photos below that are of an old bank vault from the 1800's located in Benjamin as well. The bank is long gone but the vault endures. The last photo was taken in Olney TX of the mural advertising the annual one arm dove hunt that takes place outside of town. Dudley is disappointed he was not able to make the trip. Maybe I will get out that way one of these days.

Comments:
do that many dove hunters have one arm that they established a hunt for them selves? :S
 
Joe I think they have a pretty good turnout every year. I think some of the participants travel a good distance for the event.

JDP
 
I saw the jail on HGTV. It's a nice place. I really like the bank vault. The door is really nice even though it's rusted.
 
H2O Benjamin is an interesting small town on the Texas frontier, I wish I could have seen it over one hundred years ago.

JDP
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]