Tuesday, January 6, 2009

 

On The Way Up To The Texas Panhandle ...




Frank and I stopped in Wichita Falls and ate at the world famous Scott's drive in. It opened in 1960 and is one year younger than Dudley. It is located on the old Jacksboro Highway in the southeast part of town next to Kickapoo Airport. When Dudley was growing up it was always a big deal to go eat there. The food was good this time around but did not seem to be as good as I had remembered. We noticed a sign advertising an Elvis impersonator was performing Thursday night and we were there on a Thursday but alas we had to get on down the road. I guess Elvis will have to wait.

Comments:
Elvis and burgers. Sounds pretty good to me.
 
Maybe we can catch Elvis the next time.

JDP
 
I'm sure "Elvis" will get over the snub.
 
I am sure he will Bob.

JDP
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]