Sunday, August 3, 2008

 

This Is A Photo Of Dudleys First Car ...

a 1976 Camaro. It was a great car. It was a base Camaro when Dudley got it in 1976. It had a 305 V8 with a 2 bbl carb and an automatic transmission. Dudley was working at a local department store while he was in high school and quickly began to customize his ride. He had a rear spoiler put on and had the center of the hood painted black and the rear panel below the spoiler. Dudley painted the grilles black and the headlight rims. He also had rally sport decals put on though the car was not a true rally sport from the factory. The car was silver with black vinyl interior. Dudley put in a Pioneer Super tuner AM/FM radio/cassette player and two Jensen speakers on the front console and two Jensen 6x9 speakers in the back. The car came with an AM/FM radio eight track player if you can believe that. Dudley tended to crank up the music pretty loud back in the day. Probably was listening to the Eagles, or Linda Ronstadt. This is the only picture I have of this car. If I remember correctly I took this photo for posterity about the time I traded it in on my 1979 Camaro Z-28 I got when I was in college. This car was beginning to show its age, a piece of the trim had fallen off of the front fender. All of the trim rings were long gone off of all four wheels. The front air dam was long gone but other than that, the car was still in pretty good shape. If I remember it only had about 60,000 miles on it when I traded it in. The Z-28 was also silver with black vinyl interior. It had a 35o 4 bbl carb with a four speed manual transmission. The Z-28 was pretty tame by true muscle car standards but that car handled like a formula one race car and Dudley had a blast driving it on the many hills and curves on the many farm roads in East Texas around Nacogdoches where Dudley went to college. I have some photos of the Z-28 in a frame somewhere. If I can ever find them, I will post a photo here on the blog of the best car Dudley ever owned and the one he longs for to this day.

Comments:
cool wheels Dudley.

I remember someone telling me once to take a picture of all your cars for prosperity. I can see from this post it's a good idea.
 
Thanks Joe. It would be a good idea I guess to look back and remember ones cars and trucks but life gets in the way. We have moved so many times over the years I can't find the pictures I do have. They are in a box somewhere?

JDP
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]