Thursday, May 22, 2008

 

Frank Went Fishing Yesterday Out At The Golf Course ...




with one of his friends after work. He said it was a good evening of fishing. He caught four or five bass, his biggest is in the photo above, looks to be over three pounds. He caught it on a Creme Purple/White tail worm. I was driving through Weatherford TX several years ago and spotted a Gibson's Discount Center. I had not seen a Gibson's in years as most had closed down. I pulled in and went straight to the sporting goods department. I started looking at the fishing tackle and saw something else I had not seen in years. Packages of Creme lure company six inch Scoundrel plastic worms. I purchased several packages for old times sake. Walking into that store was a trip down memory lane. When I was a teenager in high school, I worked after school and on weekends at the now defunct Myer's department store. During my lunch hour, I often would go next door to Gibson's and look at the fishing tackle. There are still a few Gibson's operating in Texas but not very many. They are a vanishing breed. Kind of like the old Piggly Wiggly grocery stores. There are still a few operating in Texas, but not many and not very close to where
Dudley lives. When I was a kid, I remember going to the Piggly Wiggly or the A&P Super Market. I have not seen an A&P in years, I don't think they have any in Texas any more. I may have seen one on a trip to South Carolina years ago but I am not sure. The memory is not what it used to be.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]