Sunday, April 27, 2008

 

Just For This Day, Got It From Bennie ...




Just for this morning, I am going to smile whenever I see your face. And laugh when I feel like crying.


Just for this morning, I will let you wake up softly all rumpled in your pajamas, and hold you close until you are ready for the day.


Just for this morning, I will let you choose what you want to wear, and smile and tell you that you're beautiful


Just for this morning, I am going to step over the laundry, and pick you up and take you to the park to play.


Just for this morning, I will leave the dishes in the sink and let you help me put that 100 piece puzzle together.


Just for this afternoon, I will unplug the television and turn off the computer
and sit with you in the garden, blowing bubbles.


Just for this afternoon, I will not yell once, not even a tiny grumble when you scream and whine for ice cream. And I will buy you one, if the ice cream man comes by.


Just for this afternoon, I wont worry about what you are going to be when you grow up, or what the future might bring.


Just for this afternoon, I will let you help me bake cookies, and I wont stand over you trying to 'fix' things.


Just for this afternoon, I will take you to McDonalds, and buy us both a happy meal, so you can have two toys.


Just for this evening, I will hold you in my arms and tell you a story about when you were born and how much we love you.


Just for this evening, I will let you splash in the tub, and not get angry when water spills all over my nice clean floor.


Just for this evening, I will let you stay up late, while we sit on the porch swing
and count all the stars.


Just for this evening, I will bring you a million glasses of water, and snuggle beside you and miss my favorite TV show.


Just for this evening, When I kneel down to pray, I will simply be grateful for all that I have and not ask for anything,


except


Just one more day.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]