Friday, March 21, 2008

 

Dudley Drove Lizzies New Car Today For The First ...

and probably last time. Don't get me wrong, it is a great car for a teen aged girl, just not so great for a six foot two inch old disabled fart like Dudley. That car is sporty all right and it has power everything which is nice but the car sits about two inches off of the ground and the seat is not much higher than that. Getting in was not so bad, I had gravity to help with that chore, but getting out was a different story. I am spoiled and used to my full size Dodge pickup. I felt pretty cramped in the Honda. Lizzie loves it and that is what counts, the car is perfect for her. I noticed a bird had crapped on the roof of the car right above the drivers side door. Lizzie had noticed it this morning and was not happy. I would not be surprised if she asks me to teach her how to shoot a shotgun so she can take up bird hunting.

Dudleys wife and daughter are going to be tied up all weekend with a youth conference for our church. It will be quiet around here with just Dudley and the dog and cat. I can not put it off any longer, I am going to have to start on doing our taxes tomorrow. Ya I know, I am putting it off one more day. they will get done, they always do. Have to do Dudleys sons taxes also but his are pretty easy.

Dudley was really saddened this morning to read of the death of The Fat Hairy Ones father. It brought tears to my eyes. For better than a year, I have been reading of his and his fathers time together. They had a special bond that only a father and his son can share. Whether they shared a meal out together or a high school football game, you could see and feel the love and respect they had for one another. I salute them both on a job well done and a life well lived.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]