Tuesday, January 1, 2008

 

I Swear To God I Did Not Drink Any Alcoholic Beverages ...





or take any medications but Dudley had the weirdest dream last night. I stayed home last night and watched the Barrett Jackson auction re-run on the speed channel until 1:00 AM. Dudleys wife and daughter went to a New Years Eve party and they got home about 12:45 AM. Dudleys son sent a text message about 1:45 AM saying they were all spending the night out at Lauren's lake house. By 2:00 AM Dudley was sound asleep. Asleep that is until about 2:45 AM when Dudley was awakened suddenly by a strange sound of some kind of strange aircraft flying over the house. It was a strange high pitched sound that wavered in intensity as it streaked overhead. This was followed by the sound of several fighter jets that flew overhead and seemed to be in pursuit of whatever flew overhead that woke me up. I sleep in a room with hardwood floors hooked up to two electronic contraptions, a Bipap machine and an oxygen concentrator. The latter is quite loud and the noise that emanates from the two contraptions combined is just a few decibels shy of a jack hammer or a jumbo jet. One minute I swear something really happened and then I think I must have been dreaming. One time Dudleys wife had a similar experience when she thought a helicopter had landed on the roof during the night but she had an excuse, she was sick and had overdosed on NyQuil the evening before. I felt like I was in the Twilight Zone there for a while. It was real enough I finally woke up Dudleys wife and asked her if she heard it. She of course did not hear a thing. I thought about calling the White house and asking if the military scrambled any fighter jets over North Central Texas around 2:45 this morning but there would be no point. They always deny everything. I hope the friendly little men in the white suits with the butter fly nets don't come knocking on the door. I suppose it could be worse, I still haven't been abducted by any aliens.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]