Wednesday, January 23, 2008

 

Dudley Is Getting Tired Of This Cold Weather ...


we are getting around here. I don't think the high temperature got much above freezing yesterday. Where is all of that Global Warming I keep hearing about? Sure could use some of that about now. It was so cold yesterday they cancelled Dudley's daughters soccer game. I use to love cold weather, it invigorated me. Not anymore, I suppose it is due to my having muscular dystrophy. This after all is a muscle wasting disease and it just seems that the muscle I have lost used to insulate my bones from the cold but not anymore. Now in the winter time it seems I am always cold to some degree. I am ready for spring time and the summer weather. I can take the heat better than the cold. At least as long as the AC is working.

Changing the subject, could someone please explain to me how a teenagers brain works again? Dudleys son who is away at college started the spring semester last week. I had communicated him briefly via text message earlier in the week. He has a brand new cell phone we bought for him during the Christmas break. Over the three day weekend we had tried to call him to check on him and ask about all of his new classes. His phone appeared to be turned off and he was not returning repeated messages. By Monday night, Dudleys wife was about to lose it, and was letting her imagination run wild. I called and talked to one of his friends from high school and he said he had not spoken to him in nearly a week and that he had been trying to call him as well. I then became worried and called the campus police and explained the situation. The lady I spoke with was very nice and said they would send an officer over to his dorm to check on him. We got a call from a campus police officer about thirty minutes later. He said I have your son here, he is fine, I will let you speak with him. Frank said he was ok and that he had dropped his new cell phone and it had quit working. I let him know it would have been nice if he had called or sent us an email. Apparently the thought never crossed his mind.

No wonder my hair is turning gray.

Comments:
As for the weather... it's going to be 20 below here tonight and "warming up" to 10 above tomorrow.

Sorry, I can't help you with the teenager's brain thing. But if you figure it out, PLEASE clue me in!
 
Terri, thanks for reminding me it could be worse. A low in the 20's and a high in the 30's sounds a lot warmer than your weather.

JDP
 
I'm not liking this cold weather at all. I need 80 or above.
 
H2o 80 degrees would be really nice about now.

JDP
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]