Friday, August 24, 2007

 

Something's Happening!





Many years ago, the wife and I were vacationing in Colorado and had taken a day trip to Central City, an old mining town. We were walking down the sidewalk, it was a beautiful summer day. It was fairly quiet and suddenly we saw a line of cars rounding a corner and drive slowly down the street in front of us. These were not just any cars. In the caravan, were Bentley's, Rolls Royce, Ferrari's, Jaguars, and a multitude of Cadillac and Lincoln stretch limousines. The vehicles, many of them chauffeur driven, pulled up in front of an old building just down the street. My wife became very excited and exclaimed "SOMETHINGS HAPPENING!" We watched as droves of ladies of every description, young and old, tall and short, fat and skinny went inside. But they all had one thing in common, they were all dressed like they were going to Cinderella's Ball. I asked one of the drivers what was going on? He said the two words guaranteed to drive a woman a little crazy... "FASHION SHOW." It seemed all of Denver's elite high society had gathered for the event, a Geoffrey Beene fashion show. We no doubt were looking at heiresses to fortunes in Colorado, Gold, Silver, Copper, Oil, Timber and Beer to name a few. I wish I could have gotten my wife an invitation. To this day, when ever my wife and I are out and about and we see a parade or a gathering of people, I look at my wife and say "SOMETHINGS HAPPENING!"

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]