Friday, August 31, 2007

 

I Was Working In Deep East Texas Years Ago When ...




I went back in the woods to the home of a poor old black woman that had been injured in an automobile accident. When I pulled up to the small shotgun shack of a house, I was greeted by a man who was standing out in the front yard occupied with skinning a big old raccoon that was hanging from a branch of a tree. I talked to him for a few minutes and asked him if he had trapped the animal and he advised "No Sir, I Gots Him Up On The Rode." I soon went in the house and met the grandmother and let her know I would work out a fair settlement of her injury claim when she was ready. I was talking to her for a good little bit and her grandson came in and I talked to him some more and he told me they were fixing to have lunch and would have some fried raccoon ready and some turnip greens real soon. He invited me to stay and eat lunch. I thanked them but advised I had another appointment and could not be late or I would love to stay. I did not have the heart to tell him that Road Kill Raccoon did not sound very appetizing.

Comments:
BAWAHAHAHAHAHA I reckon it depends on how fresh that road kill was..I was with a gent one night when a deer hit a semi-trailer in the side..I reckon the damn deer was tring to jump it. ANyway it knocked the deer ass over tea kettle. This gent screechs to a halt and jumps out and cuts the throat of the deer and a couple of minutes later it was in the back of his pickup and five days later part of it was in my freezer. It wuz road kill and pretty good eatin' road kill..and my kids didn't know the difference
 
GuyK, I have eaten Deer, Elk, Antelope, Bison, Alligator, Crawfish, and Squirrel but I draw the line at eatin dem damn roadkill Racoons!

JDP
 
GuyK, I forgot some of the exotic items I have eaten, in addition to the above list, I would like to add Rabbit, Rattlesnake,Cabrito (goat), Lamb Fries (balls), Calf Fries (balls), Cow brains and tongue but I still draw the line at eatin dem damn roadkill Racoons!

JDP
 
YUK! I would not eat them either JDP...Before we got our house boarded up this past Spring...We had 6 raccoons, 6 possums, cats and cats with kittens under our house. We live in the city and they would take the animals off. Our next door neighbors have 25 cats all together now and never had a problem until they moved in about 7 years ago. (Would you believe she just called me while typing this to feed her cats while they go out-of-town for the Labor Day weekend?) Have a great Labor Day weekend! :)
 
Twenty five cats, that is about 23 or 24 too many!

JDP
 
visiting & reading...
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]