Friday, August 24, 2007

 

Gourmet Cooking At Its Finest

Last night, I cooked my own dinner. My sister and daughter went to eat lunch at my favorite Mexican food restaurant, El Fenix on Camp Bowie Boulevard. They brought me a bag of El Fenix chips and a jar of El Fenix Hot (Picante) Sauce. The recipe is simple, upon opening the bag you pour a liberal portion onto (covering) a large plate. You put the dish into the microwave on high for sixty seconds. You open the jar of sauce and get a large table spoon, remove several heaping spoon fulls, placing in a small bowl on the side. I washed this down with a glass of cold milk served in a "Ball" mason jar. There you have it. So easy, even a caveman can do it! Bon Appetit.

Comments:
You ever go to Mi Charito Rey up off I-35? Used to love that place when we lived in Ft. Worth.
 
There's a wrap place right across from the old Bowie theater that makes wonderful wraps. Just tell 'em what you want in it and they whip it up for ya.
 
Did you take a class to learn how to cook like that?
 
FHB I have never been to Mi Charito Rey. I always go to El Fenix or Rancho Grande in the stock yards. Terry I am a self taught gourmet chef, never been to cooking school.

JDP
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]