Saturday, July 28, 2007

 

Spent Eight Hours At The Lake Today








We were invited to a Send Off To College party today at a lake house owned by the parents of one of my son's friends. It was at Lake Palo Pinto west of Mineral Wells, TX. I had driven by the turnoff to this lake a hundred times on the way to and from my uncle's ranch but I never took the time to go look at the lake. It is a small lake, about 2,500 acres in size but it sure was beautiful. The lake is surrounded by the Palo Pinto Mountains. This was Comanche Indian country 150 years ago. My wife and daughter and one of her friends and my son and myself went. 10 to 15 of my son's school mates were there and quite a few of their parents. There was plenty of good food and cold drinks. The teenagers all took turns tubing behind the boat three at a time and some of the kids took rides on the jet skis. A great time was had by all. It was funny watching all the young bucks strut around showing off for all the young girls. I am sure all of the parents were watching this remembering their youth an wondering just where and when it all vanished. Being the only cripple in attendance, I got special treatment being a ride down to the lake side down a steep hill and I even got to go out in the boat with the help of my son an a couple of his football playing teammates. I am exhausted, but I am glad I went.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]