Tuesday, July 31, 2007

 

Kids Say And Do The Darndest Things

Years ago, when my son was in his terrible two's stage of development, we were living temporarily in an apartment in Tyler, TX. During that time in my life, I was really big into deer hunting and it was not unusual for me to put a deer hunting video in the VCR. My son enjoyed watching these and I looked forward to the day he would go out in the field with me. One night during the early days of Desert Storm, I had gone home after work and was sitting in the recliner watching the CNN live reports of the war. My wife was in the kitchen preparing dinner and my son was ambling about between me and the kitchen. I was engrossed in watching the news of A-10 Warthogs blowing up Iraqi tanks when suddenly I heard my wife scream at the top of her lungs "Frank Richard...What Are You Doing!" I jumped up and ran towards the kitchen and saw my son happily sitting on the floor holding a big squeeze bottle of Hershey's Chocolate Syrup. He had emptied half of the bottle onto the carpet and was rubbing it in for all he was worth. He looked up startled and pronounced as proudly as could be "I'm makin a "deea-scwape."

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]