Sunday, July 29, 2007

 

Another Grand Depot In San Antonio I.&G.N. International & Great Northern Railroad






This depot was built in 1906 and I stumbled upon it by accident years ago. This was when the kids were little. We took my in laws with us on a Texas Hill Country vacation and took the kids to Sea World and Fiesta Texas. We were down town and I had dropped them off somewhere and was driving around and drove up on this grand structure. When I saw it I thought this had to be an old depot. I inquired and was delighted to find out I was correct. This was the old I.&G.N. depot. This is the old line that ran through Palestine, TX where we used to live which I will describe in a post some other time. Getting back to the I. & G.N. Railroad, this depot is as majestic inside and out as the S.P. "Sunset" depot but I especially like the Indian Warrior on top of the dome shooting his bow and arrow. It doesn't get much neater than that.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]