Friday, May 2, 2008

 

This Is A Picture Of A 1995 Yamaha Virago 750 ...


just like the one I bought new in April of 1995. If you look in my sidebar, you can see a couple of photos of Dudley sitting proudly on his bike. Dudley sure misses being able to ride a motorcycle. I only had the bike for a short time, but riding that bike was great fun. I remember one night driving down Broadway street in Tyler and I went past the Yamaha dealer. The bike I bought was sitting up in a picture window with a spotlight shining on it which illuminated the red and white gas tank and all of that chrome. Until I saw it I really had not planned on buying a motorcycle but I could not resist the temptation. I went and bought it the next day. Afterwards Dudley told his wife what he had done. She was not very happy about it. It was not the money so much as the worry I would get killed riding it and she would be left to raise two small children alone. I had learned by then that sometimes it is easier to go ahead and do something and ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission. There are some things a man just has to do and for Dudley, he had to have that motorcycle. It was great fun while it lasted.

Comments:
Dudley was a braver man than I. (That guy in the minivan -- that'll be me.)
 
I know what you mean Bob, I have done my share of driving and riding around in a minivan. Like the song says, "hard to be cool in a minivan."

JDP
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]